Comprehensive care of Pregnancy, Postnatal & Women’s Health musculoskeletal conditions
At Greenwich Chiropractic & Physiotherapy we offer comprehensive care of Pregnancy, Postnatal and Women’s Health musculoskeletal conditions. We’re able to offer the amazing Mummy MOT delivered by Katy Acil Gulcu our accredited physiotherapist.
A Mummy MOT is a specialist postnatal assessment recommended for all women following delivery whether 6 weeks or many years after. Based on your initial assessment, you will be given a bespoke postnatal recovery plan devised especially for you, your lifestyle and fitness goals, including specific and safe postnatal exercises to get you back to feeling your best self.
Who needs a Mummy MOT?
After having a baby, half of all women have a weakness in either their tummy or pelvic floor area, while over a third suffer from complex pelvic pain. This can create instability and weak core strength and results in altered transfer load, back pain, pelvic pain, and bladder and bowel weakness.
What is a Pregnancy MOT?
1-hour Pregnancy MOT pre-natal assessment with a specialist women’s health practitioner.
Pelvic and musculoskeletal examination of your back, posture, pelvis and functional movement.
External pelvic health check.
Bespoke treatment plan.
Prenatal conditions we treat:
- Pelvic girdle pain (PGP)
- Pregnancy related low back and neck pain, rib pain
- Sciatica pre and post pregnancy
- Symphysis Pubis Disorder (SPD)
- Antenatal fitness and exercise prescription
Postnatal and Women’s Health conditions we treat:
- Rectus Diastasis – separation of the abdominal muscles
- Bladder and bowel incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Pelvic floor weakness and tightness
- Masititis and blocked ducts affecting breastfeeding
- Neck and shoulder pain related to breastfeeding
- Tendonitis, De Quervaine’s syndrome and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Return to exercise and sport
Mummy MOT Initial Assessment 60 minutes £120
Mummy MOT Follow up 45 minutes £105
Mummy MOT Follow up 30 minutes £80
*Offered to self-funding patients only, we are happy to provide invoices and receipts for patients to be reimbursed by their insurance providers where possible.